Saturday 22 August 2015

My morning makeup routine!




Every morning I have found myself rushing around trying to get my early train for work, and feeling very lacklustre with regards to my makeup.  I seem to lose the enthusiasm that I normally have on my days off, where I create new eye shadow styles or play around with new lipsticks.  I just want a quick and hassle free makeup look that I can then darken for the evening too.  So here is my morning makeup routine that I use mainly for work and when I'm in a rush... Which seems to be every day! 

Firstly, having moisturised my face I put two pumps of Rimmel's Match Perfection foundation in colour Ivory onto the back of my hand and with the help of my trusty Real Techniques bold metal foundation brush, I gently buff this onto my face.  I only use two pumps, because I don't tend to wear a lot of foundation as luckily I have quite clear skin, it is just that I prefer to hide my dark circles, which this foundation does perfectly! 



I then use Rimmel's Wake Me Up concealer in colour Ivory for my dark circles, spots or any blemishes that I can see.  Out of all of their concealers, this one gives me the best coverage and is one that I swear by, but another brand I would use is Collection concealer in colour Ivory. 



Once that has been blended in, I reach for my Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in colour Peach Glow to then set my makeup.  I use a powder brush and simply brush onto my face to lock in the foundation and concealer.  I really like this powder because it gives a matte finish which is ideal as you don't want to be left all shiny!  Instead, this product leaves your skin looking flawless so I highly recommend it! 



I then take my By Terry Ombré Blackstar Shadow stick in colour Bronze Moon, and carefully draw onto my eyelids.  This item is incredible for creating a very quick bronzed eye, without any fuss!  I then get a shadow brush and buff into my crease line and there you have it... A natural looking bronzed eye in seconds! 



Once the shadow is on, I then go to my two trusty eyeliners which are from, yes you guessed it, Rimmel!  Firstly, I take my Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in colour black and draw along my bottom lashes.  I like to draw up until where my eye is situated, because by doing so, it creates the illusion of bigger eyes!  



Then I take my Rimmel Scandaleyes Precision Micro Eyeliner in colour black and draw along my top lashes. I'm a real fan of natural looking makeup, so with this technique I create a very thin line that once mascara is added to, gives the right amount of darkness to the eyes without becoming too harsh! 



Lastly, I follow up with my MAC Shanghai Spice lipstick which is the perfect shade of nude that looks so natural.  I prefer cremesheen lipsticks from MAC as they are so moisturising and last for hours!



So there you have it, my morning makeup routine that I swear by for when I really have to do a quick makeup.  Of course I will add blush and bronzer if I need to, but I just wanted to share with you the products that I use on a daily basis! 



What products do you use daily for doing makeup? 

M x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig