Thursday 20 August 2015

Looking through the lense!



Yesterday I went for a check up appointment at my local opticians, for the first time in over ten years..... Ten years?  That doesn't sound so good when I say it out loud, but you know what?  I just haven't had the time to go/ever thought that I needed to!  But oh how I was wrong! 

For the past four weeks I have been noticing that my right eye has been doing all of the work, as my left eye appears to be fuzzy when I concentrate on something!  Also, when I'm pictured using the flash on a camera my left eye has been showing up as white, whereas my right eye has been doing the usual red eye effect.  This matter really bothered me and I started to get very apprehensive about what was wrong with me.  With the help from my fiancé constantly mentioning to me how I should get my eyes checked, I eventually booked a long awaited appointment! 



The appointment was only twenty minutes long and cost £25 which I thought as really good and well worth the money.  I was told that I had healthy clear eyes, which was a huge load off my mind as I had been panicking for weeks leading up to my appointment.  They told me that I have a lazy left eye, which is resulting in my right eye having to work doubly as hard... not good!  So to rectify this, I now have to wear glasses for reading, writing and anything where I have to concentrate for a long time! 



Luckily, nowadays glasses come in all shapes and sizes, with a multitude of colours and brands to keep them fresh and updated.  I ended up choosing a pair from Michael Kors (surprise, surprise) which were a tortoiseshell colour and it was definitely love at first sight!  They are £209 which isn't cheap, but with vision express the price includes the lenses as well, which to me makes them good value for money! 



They are a larger frame, which suits my face shape perfectly and I honestly cannot wait for them to arrive so I can get back to my reading!  



I will let you know how I get on with them when they arrive, but in the meantime let me know if you wear glasses and if so what brands are they? 

M x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig