Monday 17 August 2015

It's all about Revlon's new rouge!



Having browsed at my nearest Boots store, I came across the Revlon counter... My 'go to' for nail varnishes and most commonly lipsticks!  After reading numerous reviews from my favourite bloggers, I decided to try out the product that everybody was preaching about!  Revlon have brought out a new lipstick collection called 'Ultra HD' and I was desperate to give it a go! 



The lipsticks are made up of a wax-free gel formula that gives a great amount of hydration to the lips, whilst creating a high definition of colour for hours with just a swipe!  There are a total of 20 different shades in the collection, but to me, two shades stood out from the rest! 



After a few minutes of swatching the lipsticks onto my skin tone, I finally settled on two shades... 'Rose' and 'Peony'.  



I firstly purchased 'Rose', because of its subtle shade of colour, as it's fairly natural and easy to apply for an everyday makeup look.  



'Peony', was a bit of a bold statement for me and one that I wouldn't normally go for.  It is a brighter pink that is ideal for evenings and for adding a pop of colour to any outfit!  



Overall, my opinion on the 'Ultra HD' collection is that unfortunately, due to my naturally dark shaded lips, I found that the lipsticks did not apply very easily.  I had to apply four times for the colour to become more pronounced, which I felt was a nuisance, as it is advertised as being a vivid colour with just one swipe.  However, these lipsticks are incredibly moisturising and once the colour was on, my lips felt really hydrated and the colour stayed on for several hours! 



What's your opinion on the Revlon HD lipstick collection? And what drugstore products have you tried out recently? 

M x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig