Wednesday 26 August 2015

Embracing the nudes..... Only at Maybelline!



Yesterday, I walked into my local Boots store on the off chance that I could stock up on my favourite Maybelline 'Lash Sensational' mascara that has been my trusty companion for many months!  



Upon gazing at the Maybelline counter, I came across an eyeshadow palette that was called 'The Nudes' and it was the new palette for the season!  After having just painted my nails a gorgeous nude/pink colour (go and check out my Monday manicure post from two days ago), I just had to give it a go! 



The palette was £7.99, but because there was a promotion on, all Maybelline cosmetics went down by £2, which resulted in it only costing me £5.99... Result!  



The palette consists of twelve different shades, that can be mixed, or work together.  On the back of the packaging, it shows you that you can create duo, triple or quad shadow styles, which I think is so clever.  If you want to be quite quick with your makeup, then you can simply use two colours and if you want to spend a little longer then you can use four shades!  



All of the shadows are of a powder form but are very creamy and easy to apply.  My favourite colours to use are the first quad on the left side, with the light brown tones as it's super natural and ideal for work. 



I also bought Maybelline's 'Colorsensational' lipstick in colour 630 'Velvet Beige', which is a new shade for me.  




Usually I tend to go for pink/nude lipsticks, however this is more of a brown/caramel nude, which is a colour that works really well on my dark lip colour.  I thought that it was going to be rather dark on my skin tone, but once applied it really is quite subtle and works perfectly with the nude eyeshadow palette! 




Have you been embracing nude makeup/beauty products?  Let me know what your favourite nude makeup is? 

M x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig