Tuesday 4 August 2015

Italian with a difference!




Italian food has always been my 'go to', for when I'm feeling peckish!  I guess it's the only type of food where I can actually eat everything that is on offer!  I love pizza, I adore pasta and as for salads, who doesn't heart a buffalo mozzarella, rocket and tomato compilation?  Enough said! 



I ventured off to a restaurant called 'Va Piano' and was instantly transported to a fresh new world of ordering food!  Instead of sitting down and waiting for your food to arrive, at 'Va Piano' they cook the food right in front of you... It's fantastic! 



I opted for 'Salmone', which was Papardelle pasta with salmon, creme fraiche, cream, cherry tomatoes, rocket and white wine... The most flavoursome pasta I've ever tasted... Bellissimo!   They make their own pasta daily, which consists of two ingredients:- water and durum wheat Semolina.... So simple yet so effective! 



The most incredible part of the whole process, is the fact that they cook the food right there in front of you.  You are given a Va Piano swipe card on arrival, which you use to register your order from the chefs.  They then cook your meal exactly how you want it, right in front of you, then you simply pay on the way out... such a brilliant idea! 



From the homemade pasta, to the homegrown herbs on display, to the live cooking in front of you... Everything about this place is so Fresh!  I recommend you all to try their food, because it is definitely one of a kind and a real must! 



Which restaurants have you been to lately?  Leave me a comment in the section below! 

M x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig