Sunday 3 January 2016

Mistletoe and Mirror balls!




Last week I went into London with my big mama to shop for my wedding shoes and my wedding gifts for my sister who is my chief bridesmaid and best friend who is my bridesmaid.



Once we had completed our big shopping mission, we headed over to Covent Garden for some well deserved chill time and window shopping!




Every year at Christmas time, LEGO creates a sculpture which always looks so realistic.  Last year they produced Santa's sleigh with eight reindeer.  This year however, they created an express train which had an elf as the driver and even had steam coming out of the chimney.  I was in awe of it, because you would never think that it was made out of miniature LEGO bricks!



Harrods had just opened a small pop up shop in the square of Covent Garden and I couldn't resist so I led mum straight over to the store.  It was so festive inside, with giant hanging baubles, to Christmas hampers, huge boxes of truffles, to big cuddly teddy bears.  I even managed to get a quick selfie with the Harrods bear mascot!  (I felt like such a kid.... And I loved every minute of it!)



One of my favourite designers, Lulu Guinness had also just opened a pop up shop on the square and I was so interested to find out what she stocked.  There were the iconic handbags in different shapes, sizes and colours, iPhone cases, notebooks and key rings.  But for me, the best thing was the merchandising of the window, as it showed a Christmas tree made out from her accessories!  It was so clever!



When in London, one must act like a tourist every once in a while and I did just that when I saw the huge Rudolph statue in Covent Garden square.  I just had to grab the opportunity of posing on the bench underneath it... I didn't even care who was sitting next to me... It just had to be done!



Finally, we made our way over to the Apple market, which consists of small stores, markets and live opera.  Mum and I perched on a chair whilst listening to a young female performer, whose voice was so smooth and melodic.  I could have listened to her all day!  The apple market was decorated with giant mistletoe which was so romantic and super Christmassy!  What I absolutely adored, was how many giant mirror balls there were.  They lit up the ceilings with an array of lights and it was very soothing.  I think that this display is the best I have ever seen so far...



Once I was home, I tucked into a naughty but very much needed Krispy Kreme doughnut in the shape of a present.  It was so festive with its decoration and it was the perfect end to a perfect day!

M x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig