Thursday 23 July 2015

Mad about plaits!




For any of you who know me, you will know that I hardly ever tie my hair up... (For those of you who don't, I don't know what it is, but for some reason I prefer to have my long locks flowing around my face freely!  I'm usually a little lazy when it comes to styling my hair and I'm renowned for the 'hair down' or 'placed over one side' kind of look.  I guess it's just a comfort thing.  (Basically I have really long hair and never really know what to do with it!)  

This all changed however, when I decided to search through YouTube in the vein hope of discovering quick and easy hairstyles that look effortless.  There was everything from curls, to fancy ponytails, bow hairstyles and buns, but the craze that attracted me was... braids, or plaits as I like to call them! 

I had never known that there were various combinations out there other than the basic 'three strand braid', and more importantly braided creations that could inspire the girls who usually like to 'wash and go', (which I too am guilty of!) 

Here are my top 4 plaits that I like to do on a daily basis when I need a quick hair fix! 

1.  (Standard 3 strand braid fanned out)  




I will always love this classic but I find that if you carefully fan out the plait.... It looks less harsh and much softer for the face!


2.  (Fishtail braid)  



This one took some getting used to but after a few tries... I can achieve it quite quickly.  I also like to fan out the plait to make it more effortless, because messiness is preferred nowadays. 

3.  (My own braid - yes that's right I made it myself, which I'm very proud of and have named it 'the duck and dive' plait!)




4.  (Hair band braid). 





I really like this one as it adds volume to loose hair and makes your overall appearance seem smarter! 

I thoroughly recommend that you all should browse the Internet for inspiration when it comes to your hair, because it is so worthwhile and it is amazing what you will find!  The other day I was given a book called, 'braids, buns and twists' by Christina Butcher, which is filled to the brim with incredible and quirky looks... I cannot wait to get started on that!  I am slowly but surely getting more confident with my hair and I must say that once you start being creative, you just can't stop! 


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. To this day I still do not know how to do the fishtail braid!! Braid #3 looks great! It has volume and looks different. Love this!

    xoxo Emily
    http://www.ditchtheheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Emily... I'm glad you like this post! Xx

    ReplyDelete

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig