Sunday 19 July 2015

Pear and white flowers... My new everyday scent!





I have been on the hunt for the perfect everyday scent for a while now.  Yes, I have some beautiful scents on my dressing table, but they are all empty, (the last purchase being Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium... A heavenly fragrance!)  I love a good French perfume, however I am the kind of person to overuse them and before you know it, it's gone and it has only been a couple of months... Sometimes even less!  So I decided that this time I would buy a fairly reasonable fragrance that I wouldn't mind using up any time soon.

I walked into Zara (one of my favourite shops), in the off chance that I might walk away with a sale piece or two.  I'm always very unlucky in the sales with regards to clothing, because my size is never there and I just end up feeling depressed as the pieces I lust after are only in larger sizes or have run out completely.  So I usually end up browsing and purchasing from the new collection... I know, I'm a snob - but it's just what normally happens!

After realising that none of the sale items were working on me, I made my way over to the accessory shelves, (I have always been one to invest in their necklaces, because they are so unique and always add such a chic finish to any outfit.

As I walked to the other side of the shelving unit, I stumbled across Zara's very own eau de toilette fragrances.  I completely forgot that they produced these and with prices ranging from £6 - £13, they are a total bargain.  I was like a kid in a toy shop... Literally!  I had no idea that they had created so many... I must have sampled about ten different scents!

I'm quite particular when it comes to perfume... I'm not really a fan of sweet candy fragrances and instead I prefer more of a subtle musk or floral scent.  With that said, I ended up choosing a perfume called 'Pear and white flowers', which is utterly beautiful!












Firstly I was very impressed by the packaging, (I don't know why but I always look at the packaging when buying beauty products!)  The bottle was rectangular with a black sphere as the lid and the perfume was mint green.  The packaging had a zig zag pattern in white and mint green and on the back of the box, it described all the ingredients that went into the eau de toilette, which I thought was a nice touch!

"The top notes:- Jasmine, Bergamot, Pear, Violet

The heart notes:- Plum, Apple, White flowers, Patchouli

The base notes:- Sandlewood, Musk, Cedarwood, Amber"

The pear, floral and musk accents in the fragrance, work extremely well together, because the Pear adds a freshness to the scent, whilst the white flowers balance out the sweetness and the musk helps to prolong the fragrance when worn.  (I sprayed this onto myself the other day and it lasted right up until the late evening, with no need to reapply!)




I cannot get enough of this perfume and I have had so many compliments already!  This definitely will be my new everyday smell, and I will save my French perfumes for special occasions.  Well done ZARA!  You have managed to create a beautiful array of unique scents that are just as good as the big names, without damaging your bank balance!

What's your favourite perfume at the moment?  Let me know in the comment section below.

M x

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Omg this smell is dvine! I was at the counter and they had a few perfumes at check out, I tried it and bought it immediately. I don't like candy sweet fragrances either. My fave perfume is Raulph Lauren's Romance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrb elinizde bu parfüm den varmıdır nasıl temin edebilirim bilgi verebilir misiniz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfumes come in three distinct categories which tell you about the concentration of the perfume oils in the bottle. Parfum femme pas cher



    ReplyDelete

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig