Monday 13 July 2015

How can June already be over?



It is already the 13th July and yet still I am thinking that we are in June!  I guess part of me wants to desperately cling on to June for another couple of weeks, because seriously - where did those days go?

Anyway, here are my top 10 favourite items from June and then before you know it, it will be August... Noooo! 

1.  White Arizona Birkenstocks





I have always wanted to own a pair of these shoes and I was noticing a lot of people sporting them, so I just had to join in!  They come up incredibly big so I recommend going down a size.  (I had to go down to a size 3 would you believe it?)  They are £55 from Schuh which is where I purchased them from but, because they are extremely comfortable I think that these are a great investment buy! 


2.  Lena Dunham 'Not that kind of Girl' book.





Lena Dunham has always been somebody that I admire greatly, due to her feminine views, super personality, her living life to the full motto as well as not caring about what other people think of her. Also, with being a massive fan of 'Girls', I just knew that this would be a great read! 


3.  Real Technique bold metals brushes. 



When I saw these brushes being featured on the blog 'Zoella' by Zoe Sugg, I was in awe of the shapes of the brushes and of course the gold detailing on the handles.  Like Zoe Sugg, I too am addicted to rose gold!  There are I think six brushes in the collection, but the three that I opted for were;- 301 contour brush, 100 setting powder brush and 201 pointed crease shadow brush.  All three of these brushes have been incredibly useful to me and I use them to do my daily makeup routine.  They are lightweight and the brushes are extremely soft and gentle for the face.  I have always been a huge fan 
of Nicky and Sam's Real Technique brushes, but I feel that this collection is one of their best ranges 
yet! 



4.  No 7 shadow sticks.





The other day I went into my nearest No 7 counter as I had a voucher for £3 off any makeup and I saw these shadow sticks looking at me!  Having been swayed by the 'By Terry Ombré Blackstar' shadow sticks, (I now have four of them and counting), I really didn't think that these No 7 ones would come anywhere close.  Oh how I was wrong!  These in my opinion are the perfect dupes for the By Terry range as they are a cream based shadow that stays on for hours, leaving no need for reapplying!  They come in five colours but I bought these two as I prefer to wear a more natural makeup!  The colours I went for are: Pewter Shine and Bronze.



5.  Phenomen oil by Jessica.






I rely heavily on getting my nails professionally manicured at my local salon 'Beauty Box', as although I love painting my nails, it just never seems to last very long (no matter what top coat I use!)    So instead I always go for Shellac nail varnishes as I find gel based nail polishes last up to four weeks, with intense shine and help my nails to stop breaking!  I decided to buy phenomen oil from 'Jessica' as I was told that it strengthens and repairs your nail beds, whilst encouraging re-growth.  It also smells of marzipan which is an added bonus! 



6.  St Tropez Gradual tan in Shower.





As you might have guessed from my previous blog, I am head over heels in love with this product!  The quality, the overall look and the simplicity of this item makes it a real must have!  I look like I've been away on holiday and believe me, I really haven't!  Check out my blog post about St Tropez Gradual tan in shower, where I tell you all about my experience and how to use it.



7.  Black pointed shoes from Primark.










The other day I popped into Primark where I was on the lookout for some smart heels.  Although there were some lovely stilettos, I was after something that was chic yet practical.  Then I found these babies and at £10 - what a bargain!  They came in two colours but of course, you know me I went for the black!  They are the perfect sling back shoes with a 2inch block heel, making them incredibly comfortable.  The pointed toe instantly turns them into a smarter shoe that can be worn for work or going out in the evening! 


8.  Earrings from 'Red Ghekko' in Brighton. 










When I go to Brighton (which in my case is a rarity), I always make sure to stop by my favourite boutique 'Red Ghekko'.  They sell the most unique jewellery and every time I pop in I always come out with at least three pieces.  I think it may have something to do with the promotion that they always tend to use which is "3 for the price of 2 on all jewellery".  That offer is way too good to miss!  The other day I went to Brighton and I purchased these earrings.  All of them are studs that can very easily dress up any outfit! 


9.  Clinique Colour Pop lipstick in shade 'Poppy Pop'.






Clinique brought out a new range of lipsticks that were high pigmented in colour but also had a primer inside, making them nourishing for the lips and strong in colour.  There were over 16 shades op lipsticks and I really could have bought all of them, but for me my favourite has to be 'Poppy Pop'.  It's the perfect combination of red and orange, whilst still being a perfect bright shade for Summer!


10.  'Alex' sunglasses from Jigsaw. 





Having lusted over these sunglasses for a while now I plucked up the courage and bought them!  They are a little bit expensive as they are £60 but I think that they are super stylish and worth every penny!


Did you buy any good products last month?  If so, what were they?  Let me know your opinions on any products that wowed you! 
















SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig