Sunday 31 January 2016

The Infinite Toybox!




I know that I don't normally blog about books. magazines and comics, but I just needed to share with you all about this wonderful read!  It is called 'The Infinite Toybox' and it was created by my fiance's brother and his two best friends.  I don't want to give too much away about the story, but it features a Father and son, who own a comic book store.  They discover a luminous box, that is in fact a time travel/game box that allows them to travel through time and in this case to the future.  They undergo adventure and find themselves trapped in a land where dinosaurs, aliens and robots roam free. Humans unfortunately do not exist and so therefore the stakes of survival are at high risk!  It is such a good comic and I recommend that you all should give it a read.



The moment my copy of the comic arrived, I couldn't wait to open it and see what it looked like.  It was so sweet that the creators all signed the front of it.  It made the comic instantly more special and one of a kind... its not every day that you get a comic signed by the authors themselves!  The three creative minds behind this comic are... Mark Bartlett, who came up with the concept/story and his two best friends Chris Miller, who was the illustrator of all the artwork and designer of the cover and overall design and Baris Unlu, who was in charge of writing the story and script.  All three of these guys must feel so proud of their achievements, as it is obvious that a lot of hard graft has gone into it!

They all came to the conclusion of creating a kickstarter project to help gain the relevant funding for printing and publishing the comic.  When I found out about this, I instantly wanted to help in any way that I could and so I contributed.  The kickstarter project was so brilliant, because they would contact you with notifications on how the company was doing, as well as notifying you when the comic would be printed and posted to you.  You felt as if you were right there with 'Deadly Foe' comics.



Due to the fact that I, along with many others contributed to the kickstarter project, we were therefore given the title of being a 'Pledger'.  This meant that we all gave money to the company, to allow them to reach their target, and successfully print their amazing comic.  As a thank you, we were all given a personalised poster with all of the names of the various pledgers written at the bottom... I thought that this was a wonderful gift, because it allowed us to all appreciate the hard work that had gone into it and is something that we can treasure forever, knowing that we had played a small part in creating something special!



I was given two hand drawn stickers of the company logo 'Deadly Foe', as well as a drawing of one of the hybrid super soldiers.  They are a really good size and I already have stuck them onto one of my notebooks.



I was also given three adorable mini badges with 'The Infinite Toybox' title and the company name 'Deadly Foe' written on them.  They are the perfect size for pinning onto jackets, rucksacks and pencil cases.



I am so impressed and incredibly proud of these guys, for creating such a high quality comic, with an addictive storyline and outstanding drawings.  I simply cannot wait to find out what happens for the characters in the next issue...

M x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig