Monday 4 January 2016

2016... New year, new goals!




Another year has gone and we now see ourselves welcoming 2016 with open arms.  Although I had a pretty good year, I just know that this year is going to be even better!  Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that my fiancé and I will be getting married in June (under six months away now) and also will be moving out of our family homes and into our very own place.  So much is going to change this year and I cannot wait for it to start!  Here are my eight goals for this year that I hope I can achieve and although I don't know what 2016 will bring I'm excited to find out!

1.  Get more sleep - Last year I completely failed to get an early night sleep and resulted in gaining huge dark circles under my eyes.  So this year year I am going to make it my number one priority to go to bed earlier and catch up on some much needed beauty sleep!

2.  Get a promotion - I have been working now for four years and in those four years I am very proud of my achievements! After a year and a half I was promoted to management and then last month I was given a generous pay rise.  This year I want to work even harder on striving towards a promotion and getting higher up on the career ladder.  My aim is to focus on myself and how far I can go... so we shall see!

3.  Drink more water -  This is something that I am ashamed of as I hardly ever drink much water.  I know, I know, that's really bad but this year I am going to give it my all and try to at least drink two litres of water a day.  If you break it down, it's four 500ml bottles of water, which sounds less terrifying and more achievable!

4.  Write more fashion posts - I have recently been focusing my blog posts on makeup reviews, beauty products and trips with friends, which is great, but I feel like I am neglecting my fashion posts.  I really want to start writing more outfit posts and style diaries, because creating outfits is my favourite hobby and fashion is really important to me!

5.  Do more fitness - what with the wedding being in under six months time, I seriously have to knuckle down with my fitness regime.  My wedding dress is being made to my measurements so I can't afford to put on weight.  My aim is to go to the gym three times a week and do a mix of HIIT and LISS training as well as rehabilitation training.  I might even take up a yoga class or two, to clear my mind and relax!

6.  Up my skincare regime - Along with my fitness, I also need to improve on my skincare products and regime.  I recently went into 'Kiehls' and saw a few products that I am going to purchase in the next few weeks, that will help me and most importantly my skin.  I will start to use a cleanser, eye cream and recovery oil as I know that they will ensure that my skin will be cleansed, nourished and moisturised!

7.  Customise my blog - When I first started this blog, I used one of the free blog templates from blogger and although I liked it, I was never fully satisfied.  I had always dreamt of having a more sophisticated and organised blog layout but no matter how many times I changed and edited the layout it never looked perfect.  So my new goal is to give my blog a little makeover and buy a template that will look chic and professional.  I have been browsing templates from 'pipdig' and there are a few that I am contemplating!  So stay tuned...

8.  Blog even more - I have just reached my 100th blog post and although that figure might not sound very high to some people, to me that is an impressive amount!  I work in full time employment and therefore my blog is something I love to do in my spare time.  I'm proud of how I can juggle my work life, home life and blog life around producing posts for you all to read.  I really want to keep this up as it's something I enjoy doing, as well the fact that when I'm older I can look back and read all of my blog posts just like a diary!



So that concludes my goals for this year, but tell me.... What are your New Years resolutions/goals for this year?

M x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig