Saturday 19 September 2015

Keep on running!




Running...... Where do I start?  Well, let's just say that I'm not the best runner, or any kind of runner at that!  I just like to run!  I find that not only does it increase my fitness, but it also helps me to clear my mind and de-stress from a busy week!  But the best thing about running is the sheer rush you get once you've finished... All those endorphins that move around your body, make you feel so good and get you ready for your day ahead! 



So in order for me to get better, I kind of need some sort of encouragement.    I'm not one who can just run 10k just like that.... I wish!  I found an app on my phone called Nike Running and I cannot tell you how amazing it is!  It has revolutionised the way we run nowadays... It not only tells you when you've completed each 1k, but it also tells you how long you ran for, what your heartbeat was, and then grades your run.  The best thing, is that it records every run that you do, so that it encourages you to do even better and to constantly beat your last performance! 



Last week I ran 5k for the first time in two months and I completed it in forty four minutes, which I'm really proud of.  Because it was my first run I wasn't interested in how fast I was running, it was more the sheer determination to finish.  So next time I will work on my pace and speed.  I really like how the app enables you record what the weather was like and map the route that you ran.  This gives you a clear understanding of the track that you used and the weather conditions, which always affect our individual performances. 



Now with my trusty running app, thanks to Nike, I am going to attempt to run 5k every Sunday morning!  Bring it on! 

Have you used this app?  Are there any other running apps that you use? I'd love to know.... Drop me a comment below! 

M x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've recently got into running - going to download that app!! THANK YOU xx

    http://www.theenglishrosegirl.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that's great news... Keep it up! Yeah definitely download it... It's such a useful app! You're very welcome! I'd love to hear how you get on with it! Xx

    Http://www.thatlittleshoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig