Thursday 10 September 2015

Wedding dresses... Finding the one!




The other day I went to my local bridal store, 'Helena Fortley' to try on wedding dresses for the first time!  Eeeeee!  How exciting?

I had no idea what to expect, as this was completely new to me and I was apprehensive yet ecstatic to get started! 



First of all, I was asked what type of dress I was looking for and if I had any idea of the style that I was wanting to try on.  If I'm honest, I had always had my heart set on the 'mermaid' style, where the bottom of the dress is fitted until the top of the thighs and then fans out by the legs.  I have natural curves and so I thought that, that particular shape of dress would be perfect for me, but oh how I was wrong! 

Instead I tried three different styles of dresses and out of the three, I fell in love with the last one.  Save the best till last right?  It literally was love at first sight, and the moment I put it on, I felt like a million dollars... Even when I had hardly any makeup on and my hair was its usual wild self!  It's true what they say, about how the perfect dress speaks to you!  I had never imagined walking away with the type of dress that I have, but once it was on... I didn't want to take it off!  I just wanted to fast forward these next 9 months and make it be the day of the wedding.  It definitely got me excited for the big day! 



I also was given the opportunity to try on the gorgeous veils that Helena Fortley stock.  I'm very traditional and so of course I tried on the veil that covers the face and that is long at the back.  I have quite long hair and there was one that was just as long and bordered with lace appliqué... It was stunning! 

Unfortunately I was unable to take a picture of myself in the finished look, but don't worry I will definitely be putting pictures up after the wedding, so you will all get to see the overall outfit!  I still cannot believe that it took me only 15mins to find the one and now all I want is to wear it! 

What would your dream wedding dress be? 

M x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig