Monday 21 December 2015

Bills buffet!




The other day it was my work Christmas party and this year we all went to our local Bills restaurant on the Thames!

I always enjoy our annual Christmas parties, because it's the one time that all of us are together.  It's quite sad when I say that, but we all have such differing shifts that we are never in the same place at the same time!



Once we were seated I couldn't resist to grab the opportunity for a group photo with some of the girls at the table.  I always love how photos can capture great memories and almost freeze them in time!



I was given two drinks with my set menu.  One was a glass of prosecco with a strawberry as a garnish and the second was a delicious cocktail called 'Hedgerow Fizz'.  It consisted of sparkling white wine, elderflower cordial and a frozen raspberry in the bottom.  It was so delicious and sweet!



For my starter I opted for the prawn cocktail salad.  I always have prawns for my starter on Christmas Day at home so choosing that was a no brainier!



For my main course, instead of choosing the traditional option of Turkey, I felt like a change.  Instead I went for the feather blade of beef that was slow cooked and melting in the mouth.  With that I had parsnip mash and handmade parsnip crisps with gravy, roast potatoes and vegetables.  It was so delicious and a real treat to have!



When it comes to pudding (as you all know I can't get enough of it!).  So for my chosen dessert I went for  the classic yet incredibly satisfying sticky toffee pudding.  This one was particularly lovely as it was crunchy on top and was accompanied with banana ice cream.



As a tradition, we always do secret Santa amongst us all.  I received the most cute presents from my secret Santa.



I was given an adorable pair of Rudolph slippers as well as a gorgeous set of Moroccan lights for my bedroom.  (I have been on the search for lights like these in such a long time and so I was ecstatic when I unwrapped them!)



Overall the night was so splendid and we all had such a laugh together.  But what was so amazing was the stunning view of the boat houses on the Thames that were decorated with multicoloured lights.  The reflections on the water was stunning and really got me in the Christmas spirit!

M x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig