Saturday 3 October 2015

Big London Day Out!




On Thursday, I was lucky enough to have the day off with my fiancé Perry...miraculously our days correlated at last!  Seriously guys, I swear we see less of each other now than when we were teenagers at school!!  Anyway, we decided to make the most our day together, and opted for a big London day out.  I don't know what it is about London... But every time I go, (which is a rarity), I get so excited!!!  I think it's the fact that there is so much to do, and so much to explore... You can never get bored!! 




We travelled to London Victoria and took the tube to Embankment station, where we got off and walked along the Embankment, until we reached the Southbank.  I love walking along the Thames, especially in the sunshine, which we were lucky enough to have!  




After exploring, we made our way to Leicester Square (which is our usual stomping ground) and checked into the Hagen Daaz ice cream parlour, where we embraced our sweet side and gorged on delicious ice cream!  Perry went for the 'Cookies and Cream' ice cream which had melted chocolate sauce and big pieces of  cookie added.  I on the other hand, chose the 'Pralines and cream' ice cream with butterscotch sauce and pieces of wafer added on top... Yummy!  Both of our desserts were served in a small cup, but boy were they filling!  We did however eat them in the quickest time possible and it was so worth it! 



After filling our bellies with amazing ice cream, we went to the 'Empire' cinema across the road and saw the film 'Everest' in their new IMAX screen, which uses Laser technology!  All I can say is that the sound and picture quality was incredible... We literally felt like we were in the film!  It's fascinating how advanced technology is nowadays....





Another place I like walking to, is 'Carnaby Street'.  It is full of quirky shops, and great tasting food places... It always has such a great buzz!  I wanted to check out 'Kingly Court', which is a 3 floored area which contains nothing but restaurants... Perfect for date nights and catching up with friends.  One restaurant in particular is 'Dirty Bones', which Perry and I will check out next time we are in the area.  Unfortunately their waiting list for dinner was 2 hours and we just couldn't wait that long! 




It didn't matter though, because we ended the night in one of our favourite Italian restaurants, 'Zizzi's'.  I decided to go for Chicken, mushroom and Rosemary risotto, which was so delicious! 



I had such an amazing time with Perry, and it makes me really appreciate our time together! 



Hope you are all having a fantastic weekend! 

M x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Beautiful pictures of London, Melanie :)

    thebhardwajlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you very much! I always love going to London and there is so much beauty there!

      thatlittleshoe.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig