Sunday 7 February 2016

The Breakfast club review!




I have always been such a foodie and rely heavily on my three meals a day.  Never will you see me skipping a mealtime, as without food I have zero energy and I get incredibly 'hangry' (that's right, hungry and angry mixed into one... believe me it is not a pretty sight!)  Breakfast has to be my all time favourite and most import meal for me.  Without it I just can't start my day right... and who wants that?



I had been wanting to try out 'The Breakfast Club' in London Bridge for such a long time, because I had heard from many people that they do the most incredible american breakfasts that not only fill you up but are delicious too.  Last weekend Perry and I popped down and couldn't believe the size of the queue.  There were at least 30 people waiting patiently for a seat in this iconic building and I just knew that this place was going to be good!  We were told that we would have to wait for around 25 minutes, which to me didn't sound like long (sometimes I've been told to wait for over an hour, so 25 minutes sounded like a breeze).  We were then greeted by one of the staff members who very kindly gave us all a free hot chocolate with tiny marshmallows to warm us up, as the weather was very cold. I thought that, that was a lovely sentiment to be given and boy did the hot chocolate taste good!



The moment our names were called out, we sat down and admired the wonder of the menu that we were were given.  I had never seen such a variety of choice before, with regards to breakfast so I was in my element!  There were were pancake options, fry ups, vegetarian options, sugary options... you name it.  There was something for everyone and that's why it has done so well for the 11 years that it has been around for.



 We both went for the Hot Chocolate for our drinks, because the mini ones that were handed to us were so delicious!  They arrived in the cutest of mugs... they both were bright orange with a cartoon face that had two blue eyes and a zip for a mouth.  As I looked around, I could see that everyone had different mugs/glasses to the person next to them.  Nobody had the same set and it made the place seem quite retro and vintage.  A real cool and hip place to hangout!



Perry chose 'The All American', which consisted of:- pancakes, eggs, one sausage, homemade fried potato, streaky bacon and maple syrup.  He couldn't get enough of it and said that it was incredibly tasty... its safe to say that he successfully cleaned the plate!    



I on the other hand, went for the classic 'Pancakes and Bacon', which were served with maple syrup. I have always wanted to go to New York (maybe one day if I'm lucky) and so this was the closest that I was ever going to get, to tasting an American delicacy and traditional breakfast!

Overall, the food, the atmosphere and the service was amazing.  It is so quirky and one of a kind in 'The Breakfast Club', I definitely want to come again!  Their breakfasts are all made fresh and are so hearty, they really do fill you up till dinner!  It truly is the most perfect place for anyone who loves breakfast just as much as I do and I would thoroughly recommend it!

M x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig