Wednesday 17 February 2016

Dirty Bones review!




For any of you who don't know me, I am a HUGE foodie (food lover) and I constantly try to visit as many new cafes, restaurants and pubs as I can, in order to sample some incredible food.  It is just one of my favourite hobbies to do and I simply am addicted!



For a couple of months now, I have been meaning to pop into the 'Dirty Bones' restaurant in Soho, because it has constantly been packed every time I pass it (which is always a good sign) and I really like the menu that they offer.  Perry successfully managed to book it for my birthday weekend and it certainly was a real treat!



We walked through Carnaby street before heading to our table reservation, and it was such a lovely atmosphere.  There were tonnes of people around and it gave a real buzz to the area.  There were lights decorated everywhere and I particularly liked the big light bulbs that glowed yellow, orange and red.



Once we entered Kingly Court (which for any of you who don't know... it is a huge food court that caters for Italian, Japanese, British, Mexican and American cuisine all under the same roof!)  I find this area to be particularly chic as it looks so pretty at night and so many people meet up here that it has a real trendy vibe!



I don't know what it is about me and restaurants, but when it comes to the decor I am all over it!  I literally judge a place on its interior design as well as the food... how bad is that?  'Dirty Bones' was so special inside, because it had the right amount of dimmed light without it looking too dark.  It gave the place a real intimate feeling and was perfect for dates and catch ups with friends.  What I was in awe of though, were the multiple array of lampshades that were strategically placed on their high ceilings.  Each one was a unique style, shape and colour and they were so pretty to look at whilst I was waiting for my food to arrive!



For my starter, I went for the 'Deep Fried Mac Balls', which were served with a sweet chilli sauce.  I had never tasted macaroni that was then fried before... Boy was it good!  The frying of the macaroni gave it such a great crunch to the dish and the sweet chilli sauce balanced out the food perfectly.  It was a really delicious combination and I will definitely order that again!  



Perry on the other hand, chose the 'Hot Wings' that were then cooked in Louisiana Hot sauce.  No matter how brave he came across, it was only a matter of time before the cracks would show and he would beg for mercy in the form of a cold drink!  Bless him though, he did really well considering how hot they were.  What is it with men and showing off?  Anyway he thoroughly enjoyed them and was ready for his main course.



For my main course, I wanted to try the 'Crispy Fried Chicken', as it was one of their speicalites and it sounded interesting to me.  It consisted of free range chicken thighs and drumsticks that were coated in spiced buttermilk and then fried to perfection.  The chicken was so tender and it melted in my mouth!  The skin was ultra crispy and I couldn't get enough of the stuff!



Perry's main course was the 'Dirty Dog', which consisted of a pork (hot dog) with pulled pork, crispy bacon, shallots and jalapeno cheese sauce.  It was a real whopper when it arrived onto the table. Perry's eyes literally popped out on stalks as he braced himself for the feast that awaited him.  He was in his element with this dish, as each mouthful was so flavoursome and cooked superbly!



Moments before this picture was taken I fell off my seat... yes you heard me correctly, I fell off my seat!  It was all rather embarrassing as I misjudged the edge of my seat and instead of getting up I casually fell off my seat straight onto the floor like a mad woman!  Perry was highly amused, as was the whole of the restaurant, but that didn't stop me from getting a selfie with my man!



Overall, we had such an amazing time at 'Dirty Bones' and I know that we will be back very soon. The food was so delicious and filling (we couldn't make room for desert) and the staff, music and ambiance of the place was perfect!  We even wrote a paragraph in their customer feedback book saying how much we enjoyed our dinner and that we will definitely return.  If any of you are in the London area, go and visit the Soho branch in Kingly Court, because it is one of the most trendiest places around at the moment!

M x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig