Wednesday 11 March 2015

Colour co-ordination is key!

For a while now I have always wanted to wear colours that blend really well together.  I think it has something to do with the fact that my favourite designers (Chanel, Gucci and Valentino), have always  portrayed their collections with bold and rich accessories that co-ordinate with the clothes effortlessly!  Also, being a lover of the high street, I always strive to find key pieces that will complement my outfits and therefore make them look more expensive and classy!

With that said, on Monday I had a bit of a shopping spree where I bought long waistcoats, cardigans and blazers, that I can wear now in spring and also next winter as well!

One of the items I purchased was a long boyfriend blazer from H&M in a strong cognac/tan colour.


           

Blazer:  £24.99 from H&M


I was instantly drawn to the colour, as tan is so versatile - what with it complimenting black, brown, cream, khaki and burgundy, (which are all the colours that I mainly wear on a day to day basis).  The style of the blazer is of a "boyfriend" cut, which means that it is unconstructed in shape and is longer in length than a usual standard blazer - making it the ideal shape for Apple and Pear body types!

                          


I chose to wear this with a staple shirt, leggings and boots for a smart look.  To add a bit of texture, I also incorporated my faux-fur stole to wear around my neck like a scarf.  It not only adds another shade of colour to the outfit, it also gives another dimension to the overall look, making it more formal and chic! 




Finding the perfect blazer is so rewarding, because not only are they useful but they also last a very long time too!  I absolutely cannot wait to experiment further with this spring blazer and I thoroughly recommend to you all that you do the same! 

Happy styling everyone! 

M x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig