Wednesday 13 April 2016

Lush :: Golden Egg!




I know that I am probably way behind with this post, and I know that Easter has clearly left us (I miss having an excuse to gorge on chocolate), I wanted to show you all my favourite Easter product that I picked up from LUSH!



I was so determined to pick up one of their limited edition Easter bath bombs, because they are just quite simply adorable and I missed out last year!  As I was scanning the bath bombs in great detail, something shone and caught my eye!  It was none other than the infamous 'Golden Egg!'



Firstly, can we just please take a moment to appreciate how utterly gorgeous and glittery this bath bomb looks?!!!  It is coated in so much glitter that after taking this picture my fingers were covered!
It just reminds me of the Giant's golden egg from the classic tale 'Jack and the Beanstalk!'  So yeah you can imagine my excitement at seeing something so iconic be brought to life!  It's apparently a bath melt as well as a bath bomb, so I couldn't wait to try it!



The main ingredients in this product are: Cocoa Butter and Olive oil, which are both ideal for moisturising the skin and Bergamot oil and Wild Orange oil, which help to brighten and tone the skin, whilst adding some sweetness to the aroma.  'Golden Egg' shares the same decadent aroma as their 'Honey I washed the kids' soap range, which has a gorgeous toffee/honey scent that lingers onto your skin all day long.



I couldn't wait to pop this into my bath, especially as I wanted to know what the glitter will do and what colour my bath was going to transform into.  The moment the bath bomb was dropped, all of the golden glitter instantly fell to the bottom of my bath.



The bath melt released a beautiful stream of yellow foam that dominated the water and turned it a vibrant yellow shade.  The bath bomb then soon after released a white foam that blended perfectly and created a pale yellow colour.  I couldn't wait to step into my toffee scented bath, finally relax and enjoy some TLC!



I was thoroughly impressed by this product!  If I'm honest, I really thought that it was going to make me completely covered in gold glitter and I would have to spend hours scrubbing it off.  Oh how I was wrong!  Instead it left my skin feeling incredibly nourished and smooth and I simply washed the small amount of glitter that was left in the bath.  I will definitely be buying some more of these, especially when they're discontinued, because not only are they useful and relaxing, but they are also a lot of fun too!

M x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig