Tuesday 6 September 2016

The day I married my best friend!



On Saturday the 25th June.... I married my best friend and soul mate!  I know, it sounds super cheesy... but hear me out, as this day was by far the BEST DAY of my entire life and I wanted to share it with you all.



The first thing that was top of the list was to get beautified... and boy did I need it!  At 8am, it was straight off to my local beauty salon, "Beauty Box"to get my hair and makeup done.  I opted for a smokey eye with a nude lip colour - I wanted to look as natural as possible, because I have always believed that you should always look like yourself on your wedding day!  That is why I chose to have my hair curled with rollers and worn down so that I looked as true to my normal style as possible.



After my makeup was complete, I couldn't resist and just had to take a selfie or two with my big sister and beautiful Chief Bridesmaid.  We both were so impressed with our hair and makeup that it just made us feel like a million dollars.  I just couldn't wait to get married!



The service was held in my local Church and it couldn't have been more beautiful!  I can't tell you how incredible it was to have all of our family and close friends all in one place... It was such a special moment!

After the ceremony, Perry and I were driven in a vintage Rolls Royce to our Wedding Breakfast, which was at the most stunning venue called "The Coltsford Mill".  It was decorated with gorgeous ivory bunting and lights, courtesy of my dear Mum who kindly offered to help dress the venue up for our big day.  Below are some images of the room and the decorations that we had.








Once we were seated at our head table, we both were so happy that we couldn't stop smiling.  It felt right to capture a picture of our new rings that we will wear forever till the end.  Perry has a classic Gold ring and I went for the white gold version to match my engagement ring.




And now I present to you.... Mr and Mrs Bartlett!  I cheekily got my phone out and took these cute little selfies!






Without the love and support of our families, I really don't know how Perry and I would have had such a dream wedding... so we both feel incredibly grateful for everything and love them very much!




The food that we chose for the wedding breakfast was so delicious, that even now (two months later), we are still thinking about it!  For the main course we had Burgundy chicken, with seasonal vegetables, dauphinois potatoes, parsnip puree and gravy.  It was the most perfect, light roast dinner for a summer evening.  It was so nice to see that all our guests had cleaned their plates entirely and were waiting for the pudding to arrive!




For our last and final dish (the dessert), we went old school and chose the infamous "Sticky Toffee Pudding" with ice cream and extra toffee sauce.  It is one of our favourites and was an absolute crowd pleaser with our guests!




This was the only day where I actually felt like an actual princess and Perry looked so handsome... just like a Prince!  Here are some outfit shots for you to see.  The day couldn't have been any better!




Our first dance was so memorable and the song was so fitting.  We danced to Shania Twain's "From This Moment"... which is such a romantic and emotional song.  Even though everyone was watching us, it really felt like we were the only ones in the room.  We chatted whilst we danced and the whole thing was so magical!




Well what can I say?  I had the best day of my life with my best friend and got to celebrate and enjoy it with the people that I love... Even two months on, I'm still uncontrollably smiling.  I cannot wait to see where our adventure takes us next....



So from one extremely happy girl...  I will sign off now, but I hope that you are all having a great day and I will speak to you soon!

M x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig