Friday 6 February 2015

The Gillet.... Winters trusty companion!

Having lived in England all my life, I seem to have grown accustomed to the ever-changing weather that is mainly made up of torrential rain, cold temperatures and strong winds!  With such weather like this, a barrage of questions come to mind in the form of "what do I wear in weather like this?", "should I wear a coat?" and quickly followed by "is there anything else that I can wear other than a coat?"  These questions are what keep us on our toes from day to day, when it comes to styling ourselves for the winter.  So what if there was a simpler way?  A way to end all this indecisiveness?  What if there was an everyday item that can take us from day to night without fully covering up our ensembles?  Well my friends... I give you, the trusty Gillet! 



The one pictured here is from H&M and also came in cream, however black is so much more versatile nowadays, especially for the winter season!


There are many different combinations of how to wear a Gillet, but for me, the one that works best is especially good for unpredictable weather.  







I always style my Gillet with a simple staple jumper, a fedora hat and a pair of skinny jeans!  It is casual wear at it's best, whilst remaining chic and most importantly, keeping you warm! 



Jumper: Miss Selfridge
Hat: Topshop 


You can wear whatever colour jumper under yours, but I always think that wearing all black 
looks smart and sophisticated.  Teaming up your ensemble with a pair of ankle boots and a statement handbag finishes off the look and enables you to go from daytime to evening whilst looking very chic! 



Handbag: H&M

Ankle Boots: Vagabond 


Fashion tip:  When styling your Gillet... Make sure that, whatever you choose to wear on your bottom half, that the cut of the item is fitted.  This is because gillets normally are quite boxed in shape and so therefore you must balance out your body by wearing something more fitted on the bottom half i.e skinny jeans or a pencil skirt! 

Wrap up warm folks and have fun styling! 


M x 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig