Sunday 17 March 2019

Hello to a new Chapter!




On the 2nd August 2019, my husband and I found out that we were pregnant and expecting our very first baby together.  For a while now the two of us had been discussing the idea of wanting to try for a baby... and to have a little someone that we could call our own who was part him and part me!  I know, I know... super cheesy right?  But here me out!   

For a couple who have been together since we were 16, who had essentially grown up and matured together, we were ecstatic to find out that our prayers and dreams had been answered and that we were finally going to be parents of our own!

I must say, when we found out it was quite a shock.  I'll never forget that day, coming home from work in the evening and feeling really nauseous and extremely hot... because we were in summer I just assumed that it was heat exhaustion... but boy was I mistaken.

I remember showing Perry the pregnancy test and the two of us just stared at each other in disbelief.  WE COULDN'T BELIEVE OUR EYES!  So much so, that we made the decision to take another test just to be certain... and BAM the result was as clear as day!  




And so we began our journey through this incredible pregnancy adventure... we were both so scared, excited and grateful... we had no idea what this chapter would bring.  All in all... it was an epic, hard and rewarding time for me.  Yes I experienced EXTREME sickness (17 times a day with me losing almost 3 stone because of it), yet every day was a blessing and every day my spirits rose.

Fast forward to our 20 week scan... it was incredible to finally see our baby on the big screen moving and waving at us.  But the big question that the two of us were wondering was... WHAT IS THE SEX OF OUR BABY?  I really admire those who are able to keep the gender a surprise and therefore find out at the time of birth etc but for me (a very nosy Aquarius) I just HAD TO KNOW!  When the sonographer revealed to us that we were expecting a little girl... we both melted inside.  A LITTLE GIRL... OUR LITTLE GIRL!  Everything became more real when the gender was found out... no longer were we referring to bump as 'IT' or 'THEY' and now we could freely use terms like 'SHE' and 'HER'.  It gave our little bump more of a personality and we could start to picture her in our little household and family unit.  I must say I couldn't wait to buy her, her first outfit there and then... but I resisted.





Now we are only 2 weeks away from meeting our little Jellybean and we couldn't be more excited if we tried!  Everything is all ready and set.  Her nursery is complete, hospital bags are packed... and so all that is left is for her to continue to grow and then make an appearance when she is ready.  Knowing our luck, she will most likely keep us waiting for being too organised!

So HELLO TO A NEW CHAPTER and I look forward to uploading and sharing my journey of becoming a new Mum with you all... along with all things Motherhood related.

Thatlittleshoe x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig